Market Umbrella is an independent nonprofit 501(c)(3), based in New Orleans, whose mission is to cultivate the power of farmers markets to drive economic and community health in the region. Market Umbrella has operated the Crescent City Farmers Markets (CCFM) since 1995.
Miso Maple Mustard Glazed Carrots
If you’re a plant-based foodie around these parts you’ve probably heard of the Mississippi Vegan. Not only do we love his recipes, but we also love that he is a regular market shopper! Check out this recipe for super easy, super flavorful Miso Maple Mustard Glazed Carrots. You can pick carrots up at all of our markets from Major Acre, Monica’s Okra World, Williams Produce, Louisiana Gourmet Produce, and more!
- 1 pound carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons good whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mellow white miso
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free tamari
- Crushed red pepper, to taste (optional)
- Fresh black pepper, to taste (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Next, make the glaze by whisking together all of the ingredients, except the carrots, in a cast iron skillet or baking dish. Add the carrots and toss them in the glaze until they are evenly coated. Roast for about 35 minutes, removing them halfway through to toss the mixture around to ensure the glaze is well incorporated into the carrots. Remove the dish from oven once the desired texture is achieved.
The Crescent City Farmers Market operates weekly year-round throughout New Orleans. The CCFM hosts 70+ local small farmers, fishers, and food producers, and more than 150,000 shoppers annually.